XL FIRE CEMENT is a ready mixed blend of thermo setting resins and temperature resistant inorganic
fillers that cures when exposed to heat to give a seal that is resistant to temperatures up to 1250o
Suitable for fixing/repairing fire backings etc.
• Easy to apply by trowel. Excellent adhesion to fire bricks, blockwork, stone and clayware.
• Temperature resistant up to 1250o
• Suitable for domestic and industrial use.
• Asbestos free.
Areas For Use
• Fire bricks, fire grates, flue pipes, flue bricks
• Solid fuel burning stoves
• Not suitable as a gas sealant.
• Always moisten surfaces prior to applying.
• Always apply heat gradually.
• Product is not water proof.
All surfaces must be clean, free from dust, grease and other contamination. Wet all surfaces to give a
Use straight form tub. Soften with a small amount of water if required. Wet all surfaces to which
cement is to be applied. Work well into the joints. After applying, gradually increase heat over a 4
hour period. Make good any cracks which may form with fresh cement to form a smoke tight seal.
Clean tools in warm water and soap after use.